Cheff Africa Limited
The Pastry Chef will be responsible for the preparation of all cakes & decorations, pies, muffins, brioche and pastries of all types in accordance with the standards of quality set.
• Prepare all food items according to recipe standards.
• Maintain highest quality and appearance of any items sent from the Pastry Kitchen.
• Responsible for plating and garnishing all display desserts and customer cakes to include setting up attractive dispalys. • Complete basic production necessary for finished dessert items.
• Keep all food rotated, dated and labeled. Follow correct food handling procedures. Wear gloves when handling food directly.
• Maintain a safe, organized and sanitary work area.
• Consult for information regarding the forecast for the day and/or special orders.
• Be concerned with overproduction.
• Maintain an inventory of production items to ensure the necessary amount is available for business demands.
• Must be totally flexible to learn Baker’s responsibility.
• Must understand the importance of cross training for all shifts.
• Have knowledge of the operation of all equipment and maintain their cleanliness.
• Report irregularities and defects in equipment and machinery to the Pastry Chef or any manager available.
• Practice safety standards and report any unsafe condition to the manager.
• Must have a flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
• Must have at least 2 year of experience as a Pastry Cook.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.