To provide driving and messenger services to the project. Maintain the project vehicles in a clean and serviceable condition, perform minor preventive maintenance and safety checks on a daily basis and inform the supervisor of discrepancies. The incumbent will be
based in Nairobi.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive project staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
· Maintains project vehicle in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and engine check-up, fluid levels and the tires which are to be conducted on a daily basis.
· Maintains a current driving license for self and advise the Administrative Officer when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registrations for vehicles.
· Runs office errands such as message/equipment deliver, visa applications, picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned by the supervisor.
· Ensure that the passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations e.g. wearing seat belts.
· Report immediately any traffic accident to the insurance company and to the supervisor.
· Assists with office tasks, such as photocopying, pick up of supplies etc.
· Performs any other duties as assigned by the Administrative and Program Assistant.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where project will have presence, streets neighborhoods, airports and government offices.
· Skilled and experienced safe driver with valid driver’s license and no history of responsibility for accidents.
· Ability to lift heavy packages and moves furniture.
· Ability to maintain vehicles in good condition.
· Basic knowledge of First Aid.
· Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
· Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
· Willingness and interest in supporting program and goals.
· Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
· Secondary school ‘O’ level graduate or relevant vocational training certification with over 5-7 years of relevant experience; plus, a minimum of five years working with a public or private organization operating motor vehicles professionally.
· Must have a good working knowledge of English with ability to understand spoken and written English well and Kiswahili.
· Must have a current, valid driving license with an excellent driving record showing no history of responsibility for accidents.
· Must be in possession of a current and valid certificate of good conduct within the year.
· Maintains a good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations under NTSA.
· Must have undertaken an eye test with certification.
· Good knowledge of the counties and its surrounding areas.
· Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or NGO is an added advantage
· Prefer experience with medium-to-large sized international organization.
· Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply please click the link below;
To apply for this job please visit www.fhi360.org.