The electrical technician (Grade 2) is responsible for technical inspection, repair and servicing of machines, equipment and fixtures in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organisation.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance of electrical lighting and wiring systems and electrical equipment in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Skills” section below, in order to ensure such equipment is functional and safe for use by operators when required.
• Carry out inspections of electrical lighting and wiring systems and electrical equipment in order to ascertain if they are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry repairs in Java locations assigned.
• Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
• Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
• Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
• At least 3 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician.
• Proficient in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installations, single- and three-phase wiring, lighting and socket circuits.
• Proficient in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing the following equipment:
Branch Technician: Commercial single-rack dishwasher, commercial semi-automatic espresso machine, induction plate, turbo chef oven, retail/professional coffee-bean grinder, coffee urn, blender, blend-tec mixer, espresso grinder, electric fryer, juice squeezer, meat mincer, microwave, milkshake mixer, electric convection oven, robot coupe stick blender, weighing scale, baine marie, electric griddle, insect killer/insectocutor, micro-oven, commercial rice cooker, sandwich/panini toaster, slot-in-toaster, waffle machine, water heater boiler.
Commissary Technician: commercial crate washer, revent oven 739, revent oven 724,deck oven, conventional oven, vacuum sealers, meat slicer, kitchen hood extraction motor, planetary mixer, bread moulder, bun divider moulder, commercial food processor, commercial bread slicer, revent proofer, spiral dough mixers, planetary mixers, pastry sheeter.
• Basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry skills
• Good spoken English and Kiswahili language skills
• Good written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.