The driver will serve as a chauffeur for project staff, consultants and other visitors as assigned by supervisor. S/he will be in charge of maintaining high standard of cleanliness of the project vehicle in his/her custody. He will also ensure that the project vehicle assigned is well serviced and maintained as required and perform administrative tasks as assigned.
1. Drive project / office staff members, consultants and other visitors on project / office business;
2. Provide transportation to and from the airport, hotel, project sites, and other locations as assigned;
3. Ensure that the vehicle has all required registrations / licensing and inspections, and that necessary documentation is retained with the vehicle;
4. Ensure vehicle has sufficient amount of gas, maintain the vehicles’ cleanliness, and ensure its security for daily use and proper evening and weekend storage at office site;
5. Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual to ensure the safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle;
6. Obey traffic rules and road signs, negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate smooth running of vehicle movements;
7. Maintain record of trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and cost, and dates of oil changes, all according to established procedures;
8. Produce weekly records of mileage traveled;
9. Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc;
10. Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule;
11. Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of an accident and that required paper work is submitted;
12. Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
13. Pick up and deliver shipments and documents as assigned;
14. Identify any apparent problems such as insecurity during driving operations and report them to the Finance and Administration Assistant;
15. Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project / office personnel;
16. Perform other related tasks as required.
1. Driver / Chauffer experience for at least 3 years;
2. Valid Kenya driver’s license;
3. Proof of good driving record;
4. Experience in driving and familiarity through rural terrain preferred;
5. Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude;
6. Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred;
7. Neat and professional appearance;
8. Oral and written English language fluency;
9. Flexibility and adaptability to work under pressure.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.