1) Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
2) Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
3) Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgement and experience.
4) Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
5) Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgement, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
6) Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
8) Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
9) steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
10) Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
11) Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
12) Carve and trim meats for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
13) Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
14) Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and s
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.